Monday, August 11, 2014

My Summer Makeup Routine

Hey everyone!

Today I thought I'd mix it up a bit, rather then reviewing random products, I'm going to share my everyday summer makeup routine! I'm trying not to write too much about each product as I have many to go through, but I have reviewed some of these before so I'll link them at the end of the post.

I tend to wear less makeup in the summer simply because I like it to feel nice and lightweight and fresh, and where I live it's VERY hot so the less makeup on my face, the better.

This look is also good to wear to school if you want to keep it quite minimal.

This is my makeup bag...




It's quite simple, it just says MADRID all around. I don't know exactly where it's from as it was a gift, but I'm sure most of you have guessed that its from Madrid. It's a nice size to keep a decent amount of makeup in, and also good for traveling as it has waterproof materiel inside incase of any products spilling or breaking.


I'd like to warn you all about my products, none of them are clean or new, this is what I have been using everyday so it's not going to look like I just took it out of the packaging, sorry if that bothers some of you. :)

Step 1 - Primers
Before applying any makeup, I use 2 primers on my skin. I use Rimmel Stay Matte & Benefit Porefessional. This is to make sure my makeup stays on all day without smudging or creasing. I use the Rimmel primer to keep my skin looking matte because I have quite oily skin, and I use the Benefit primer to minimize the appearance of my pores.





Step 2 - Concealers
After priming, I apply 2 types of concealers, one for blemishes and scarring, and the other for my under-eye are, and to simply highlight the high points of my face.
I use the Collection Lasting Perfection (shade cool medium 2), which was recommended by someone who reads my blog, on my imperfections which at the moment is just scarring, and I use the Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 concealer & highlighter (shade 010 ivory) under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow. I use that instead of a real highlighter as it looks a bit more natural.









Step 3 - Powder

Next I apply powder, the shortest and simplest step. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (shade 004 Sandstorm) because it's really lightweight and is a good combination with the Rimmel primer. As you can see my powder isn't in a very good state at the moment, I was traveling a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have a lid on it so it got quite damaged... But it still works perfectly fine! :) I just use a small amount of this all over my face.



Step 4 - Bronzer

Next I bronze up my face using the Rimmel Natural Bronzer (shade 022 Sun Bronze) as my concealer is a little bit too light for me, I don't contour, I just lightly dust it on my face to give me a natural sun-kissed look, but it's hardly noticeable.




Step 5 - Lip balm

At this point in my makeup application, I tend to have some concealer or powder on my lips so I apply some of the Carmex lip balm. I've heard many good & bad things about this product, but I personally love it.



Step 6 - "Eye Shadow"

Next I apply the Maybelline Color Tattoo (Shade - 70 Barely Branded). This is a simple skin tones eye shadow base. I like to use it on it's own because it's quite shimmery but natural. I just apply this all over my eye-lid and inner corner.





Step 7 - Eyeshadow Stick

Next I apply this Rimmel Eyeshadow Stick (shade - Rose Gold), I put this on my upper and lower lash line like an eyeliner, and then smudge with a brush it to make it look messy. This is a really nice color for people with blue eyes, like myself, as gold makes them stand out.


Step 8 - Eyeliners

My next blog post is going to be my favorite eyeliners (stay tuned for that) so I'm not going to get into the details of this step. I apply NYX eye pencil (shade - black) in my tight line and Rimmel eyeliner (shade - 005 Nude) on my waterline, keeping it nice and simple.






Step 9 - Mascara

To finish off this look, I apply Maybelline the Falsies on my top and bottom lashes, to make them look nice and long.



And that was the last step!

I hope you enjoyed my Summer Makeup Routine, feel free to recreate this simple look!

Stay tuned for next weeks post...

Thank you so much for reading, have a great day!

Goodbye!!xxx


-social media-

Tweet me your blog for a follow! https://twitter.com/madforbeautyxo


-other posts-



-last blog post-



26 comments:

  1. Great post idea, sounds like a nice makeup routine. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see how close I was then!

    Love this post, we use a lot of the same products haha!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very close!:)

      Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!xx

      Delete
    2. I've just done an August favourites post, would you mind checking it out and giving me feedback please?

      http://goldenbairn.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/august-favourites.html

      Delete
  3. Nice! I thought I had all the maybelline 24/7 colour tattoos but Im stunned! I absolutely need barely branded!
    Great post :) Following you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in their METAL range so maybe that's why you haven't seen it :)
      Thank you xxx

      Delete
  4. love seeing the products you use on an everyday base

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good routine! Nice post and photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is lovely! Thanks for sharing! Xoxo
    Breakfast at Lizzie's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey hun! I also nominated you for a Liebster award. Check it out on my page :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome routine! I usually go without makeup for summer, it's my only time for rest haha! You gained a GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't wear makeup everyday either :) x

      Delete
  9. Great cosmetics set, I have the same shade!
    xoxo
    http://pandamone.blogspot.com/2014/08/porcelain.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. we are using few same products ;) I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love with alla my heart your header :3
    thank for your follow, I follow you back!
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing post!!! i love it ;)
    i would love to follow each other!!
    kisses pretty
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. But you don't show the look itself

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read & reply to all! xo